Is Your Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Home In Need Of Roof Repair?
Why should I seek professional roof repair?
You should seek professional roof repair both because roof damage can be incredibly serious and professionals are far better suited to resolve roofing issues than the average layperson.
- Impacts of roof damage. Your roof impacts every single room of your home in more ways than you realize. First and foremost, Roofs protect us and our possessions from the elements. Roofs prevent moisture from rain and snow from entering our homes, therefore preventing water damage to the decorative and structural features of our homes and depriving mold of the moisture that it needs to proliferate. Roofs help to maintain the temperature of our homes by blocking the sun and trapping heated and cooled air inside. This is especially important in Pittsburgh, where the summers are often very hot and the winters are often very cold. Roofs shield us from a variety of potentially dangerous weather such as high winds, lightning, and hail. Roofs even act as a barrier to animal and plant life, making it harder for pests such as cockroaches and rats from entering. When a roof has been damaged, it is no longer capable of performing these roles adequately, potentially leading to thousands of dollars in interior damage.
- Dangers of non-professional roof repair. Roof work is both highly sophisticated and incredibly dangerous, meaning that most laypersons are not capable of handling it. Any roof repairs must be completed to a practical and a legal standard. In other words, roof repairs must be done with sufficient skill and accuracy so that they completely seal and protect the inside of the home and follow a set of regulatory guidelines so that they are up-to-code. Otherwise, your home could suffer from extensive interior damage and you could suffer from a number of legal liabilities. Self-made roof repairs can often end up costing you thousands of dollars more than hiring a professional roofing contractor would have. Of even greater concern is the number of very serious injuries than an untrained and unprepared layperson can suffer while working on a roof. Among the greatest causes for concern include falling, tool-related accidents, weather-related injuries, electrocution from power lines, and allergic reactions to the stings of roof-dwelling insects.
Can roof maintenance reduce the need for roof repair?
Routine roof maintenance can greatly reduce the likelihood that your home will need unscheduled roof repairs, but it will not eliminate the possibility entirely. Unless caused by an isolated incident such as a falling tree or a lightning strike, the vast majority of roof damage develops slowly over time as a result of gradual deterioration wrought by the elements. The Pittsburgh climate can be particularly harsh on roofs, as the dramatic seasonal temperature differences, often severe weather, and potentially harmful wildlife are all serious threats to roofs. This means that regular inspections can identify potential problems before they become severe enough to impact the home. 1-800-Roofcare recommends that all homeowners have a professional roofing contractor inspect their roofs at least twice a year for this reason. During these visits, other routine procedures such as clearing of debris, washing, and certain roofing treatments can be completed, as well as certain minor roof repairs. If a potentially serious issue is discovered, remediation can be scheduled to resolve it. What roof maintenance will not be able to prevent is accidental damage. So called, “Acts-of-God” such as a tornado can damage a roof regardless of how well-maintained it is. Additionally, all roofs eventually deteriorate to the point where they must be replaced, although that point is only reached after several decades.
Why should I choose 1-800-Roofcare above another company?
Every day, homeowners from across the country are finding the roofing solutions they need from 1-800-Roofcare. We are a national association of independently owned roofing contractors with members throughout the United States, including right here in Pittsburgh. Among the many reasons why so many customers choose us include:
- High Quality Service
- Exclusive Use of Licensed and Insured Contractors
- Competitive Prices
- Wide Variety of Services
- National Standards of Excellence
- Local Expertise
- Years of Experience
- Provision of Free Quotes
How do get a free roofing quote today?
- Telephone Contact. If you would like to call us on the telephone, simply dial 1-800-Roofcare. Our staff of customer service specialists will then put you in direct contact with our local Pittsburgh affiliate.
- Internet Contact. If you would like to contact us electronically, complete the service form located on this webpage and send it in. One of our representatives will respond with additional details at our earliest possible opportunity.
Where does 1-800-Roofcare provide service in Pittsburgh and Allegheny County?