Have Your Home’s Roof Repaired By Warren, Michigan’s Roofing Specialists!
Residual damage to a home caused by a roof in need of repair can be extremely costly. In Warren, the roofing company that has come to the aid of many homeowners is 1-800-Roofcare. The company’s team of roofing specialists can provide maintenance, repair roofing issues, or do complete roof replacements.
If your home’s roof has now developed leaks that send water dripping, do not hesitate to contact the experts at 1-800-Roofcare. When you see water stains on your ceiling and walls, or watermarks on the beams in your attic, call our roofing specialists before the damage worsens.
What kind of damage can our winter snowfalls do to our roofs and our homes?
Michigan winter storms can blanket rooftops from November to March. As this snow melts during the day and freezes again at night, it can cause a number of problems.
- Ice Dams – Along the outer edges of the eaves of our homes, ice dams can form during the winter months. As the snow melts from heat escaping up through the roof, the water will run towards the edge of the roof. As the water leaves the part of the roof that covers the warmer attic to the colder eave area, the water will freeze. As more snow melts, it will run down the roof, come in contact with the newly formed ice, and then, that water will also freeze. This process will continue, under the right conditions, until the ice backs all the way up to where the warmth coming from the attic roof will keep the water from freezing. Then, this standing water will work itself back under your shingles, through the cracks between the boards of your roof, into your attic, and then into your living quarters.
- Loose Flashings – The metal pieces that are found in the valleys of your roof, or where a lower roofline butts against the side of an upper story are called flashing. These metal pieces help to prevent water from entering your home. Occasionally, these pieces will separate from the house or from one another. When this happens cracks and crevices open. It is in these cracks and crevices that our winter winds will drive the snow. The snow will melt and enter our homes.
- Worn and Missing Shingles – Winter winds and heavy snowfalls are detrimental to rooftops with missing shingles, or with shingles that are so worn that the boards beneath are exposed to the elements. In these situations, the wind will try to lift even more shingles from your home’s roof while the melting snow now has a very easy pathway into your home.
What kind of preventive maintenance does 1-800-Roofcare offer so that you can avoid damage?
At 1-800-Roofcare, we offer a full service preventive maintenance program. We will send a roofing specialist to your home to inspect your roof and any other areas of your home that may be prone to related water damage. Our specialist will design a program just for your home based upon what is found. For example:
- Evidence of ice dams – If we find evidence that points to damage caused by ice dams, we will explain to you how we feel the situation can be corrected, and work with you to be sure the situation is remedied.
- Loose flashings – We will provide an estimate and an explanation as to how we would repair the damage. With your approval, our experienced team of roofers will fix the problem areas, and your home will be nice and dry come another winter.
- Worn and missing shingles – Often times, our roofing team can repair the problem. Other times, once your roof reaches a critical “tipping point,” it will continue to always need repairs. When the roof of your home reaches that stage, you are better off looking to replace the entire roof. 1-800-Roofcare will provide you with a very competitive quote to make your home safe, secure, and dry.
How should we contact you to set an inspection time?
- By Phone – Just call 1-800-Roofcare, and have one of our customer service representatives answer all of your questions, and set a convenient time for one of our roofing specialist to give you a visit.
- By Email – Fill out the form on this website and forward it to us. We will contact you to discuss your specific situation.
The Warren 1-800-Roofcare affiliate serves all of Macomb County, including:
St. Clair Shores